June 20, 2008

Dinner, Birthday, and BBQ

The other night Aaron and I went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. Now I know that doesn't sound like any big event, and I suppose it wasn't really... but Aaron has a way of making even the small things special.

I came home after a long night at work to find a note on the door instructing me to head into the bathroom, where a nice outfit was hanging up with another note instructing me on the basics of what to wear (in addition to the things that he had already chosen- shoes, makeup, etc...) and driving directions. He only included the exit number, and for those of you who don't live in California, we don't use the exit numbers here. I had no idea where I was headed until I got almost all the way there. Anyway, we had a great dinner and it is one that I remember for a long time just for the little extra touch that Aaron put on it.

Kim's birthday was Saturday and we had a pretty good day. All that she wanted for her birthday was a bike. So, Saturday morning we all met up at Target to buy Kim the pink beach cruiser that she had her eye on for a while. It took a bit longer than expected, because upon closer inspection of the bike it wasn't put together very well and was missing a few pieces of hardware. Kim went to check out Sport Chalet but the bikes there were much more expensive for not as many features. All of the REI bikes were out of the price range (and she probably wouldn't have liked any of them anyway) so Aaron took another look at the Target bike. He figured that he could fix the things that were wrong with it without too much difficulty so that was the one she ended up getting. Katie got herself a purple mountain bike (I should say rather that Mom bought it for her) and we all headed down to the house for some much needed lunch.

After a good long while (in which my wonderful husband fixed Kim's bike and adjusted it for her, adjusted Katie's bike for her AND fixed and adjusted my Mother's ancient mountain bike) we decided to finally head out on the bike path for a ride into Coronado. Norma and Natasha joined up with us out in front of the house and we made quite the bicycle gang heading up the strand. We went into town and got ice cream at Mootime before turning back. The plan was to go to dinner afterward. So Aaron and I went at a faster pace than the rest of the gang so that we could load up our bikes and head home for a shower. We all met up at Bennignans for a nice evening out. Most people were pretty pooped from the ride... and let's face it as Kim says she's 22 now... she's old.

While riding down the strand Aaron and I happened to smell the wonderful smell of roasting hot dogs and steak which was the inspiration for yesterday's shindig at Joey and Amanda's. Amanda and I went to get our nails done then we all met up at their place for a BBQ and Wii Shenanigans. All in all it was a pretty good weekend. :)

No comments: